Re: [squid-users] Squid traffic limit

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 22:11:15 +1200

п■п╪п╦я┌я─п╦п╧ п²п╣я│я┌п╣я─п╨п╦п╫ wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I need to set up a monthly traffic quota for one domain user (or one
> group - what's easier). Users are authenticated via Kerberos.
> I need to set up quota based on domain usernames, but all HOWTOs I've
> found describe how to make it for IP addresses of user machines. The
> problem is that some of our users use more than one machine, but quota
> should work on any PC.
> Any ideas?
>
> I have: iptables, Squid 2.7Stable3-4.1, Debian lenny, Lightsquid(I
> suppose there is a way to use its logs for my task)

Since Squid does not do quotas...

It's just as easy to [not] do them in all three ways.

The tools you plugin to Squid do the quota calculation. You will have to
find some new ones or adjust the ones you have to meet your needs.

I assume your tools go the easy way of: external_acl_type being passed
%SRC ? in which case the quota checking tool needs to be adjusted to
take %LOGIN or %{Proxy-Authentication} instead or as well.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.13