Re: [squid-users] msn messenger problem with squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 23:19:16 +1200

serfer wrote:
> Hi
> will this solve my problem i mean uninstalling msn and reinstalling msn will
> work fine for me, let me try this actually as i mentioned in my thread on
> Intranet users access internet through squid proxy as well msn messnger
>
> thanks

I was being sarcastic after a long tiring day of work. This is a
mailing list. Nabble have added bits into their display of the emails to
let you post replies and make it look like a forum bullentin board. The
messages generated have zero resemblance to whats displayed in their web
view.

For those of us who might possible be able to help all we see is this:
  "MSN messenger problem with Squid. Can you help?"

To which we can only serious reply: "can you at least describe it?"

Visiting nabble and searching for your name brings up a post from you a
week ago about login issues with MSN. I'll assume that is what you refer
to for the following.

Start by checking you have the latest version. MSN is itself denying
access to people still using the slightly older broken versions of their
software after a major security bug was fixed.

The rest of what we know about Squid and *Live messengers is listed
here: http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Chat/MsnMessenger

Though microsoft documentation is your best bet for a fix. EventLog
should have some details and error code ID you can lookup at
http://www.eventid.net/ for a more sensible description than MS give out.

Amos

--
Please be using