Re: [squid-users] recommended memory/cache replacement policy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 23:22:34 +1200

Muhammad Sharfuddin wrote:
> squid cache 2.7 STABLE5
> squid cahce 3.0 STABLE19
>
> I am using the following memory/cache replacement policy
>
> memory_replacement_policy heap LFUDA
> cache_replacement_policy heap LFUDA
>
> are they(heap LFUDA) best or most recommended ? or should I left them
> default.

The defaults there were last tuned years ago and is not heap at all.
Read the descriptions of each carefully, the ones I saw a while back
covered several scenarios of traffic patterns and sizes and how the
policies worked in different network needs.
Pick the one which matches your visitor behaviour. Nobody else can
identify the best one for you with any accuracy.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.13