Re: [squid-users] yahoo messenger not working behind squid

From: Randy Gordey <gordey_at_stdio.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 20:26:16 -0500

Matheus wrote:
> Hello gurus out there, I am sorry am very poor at squid and learning
> Linux alone. I have just 11 pc's running WinXp and my gateway is a
> SuSe 10.3 box with squid 2.6. I can browse anything well with Firefox
> and IE but yahoo messenger just cannot login despite waiting for it.
> All my traffic is engeneered to go through port 1328. Please help me
> out.

Hello Matheus,

I have a fedora 11 box x86_64 with Squid 3.0. I also installed a socks5
server (ss5 3.6.4). My Yahoo Messenger is version 9.0.0.2162.

I can connect with http proxy set to the squid server at 3128 (default)
and I can also connect with yahoo messenger set to a socks5 server at
port 1080.

My first question is what does your connection dialog box look like?

If you don't have a socks5 server installed you need to make sure you
are using the HTTP proxy. In addition, is port 1328 correct or is that a
typo?

My second guess would be to look at your firewall rules to make sure
that is not the culprit.

Cheers!