[squid-users] Reverse proxy routing ACL definitions

From: Tobias Reckhard <tobias.reckhard_at_secunet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 13:29:14 +0200

Hi

I'm trying to setup a (HTTPS) reverse proxy with Squid (v3) to act as a
single entry point to a web site that is in fact hosted by different
back-end servers, i.e. an Apache Web Server and a Glassfish application
server, running on the same host. People access the site using
https://www.somesite.com and this is hosted by the Apache server. I have
managed to provide access to this part of the site with Squid without
problems, using a dstdomain ACL in the cache_peer directive.

The problem I've got is that I don't know how to extend the Squid
configuration to redirect any requests to
https://www.somesite.com/somepath to the other back-end server. I've
tried a url_regex ACL and tying that to a second cache_peer, but it's
not working. Is the problem that "http://www.somesite.com/somepath" is
encompassed by the dstdomain ACL above? If so, can I somehow prioritise
ACLs or cache_peer statements in a fashion similar to http_access?

I'd be grateful for any hints.

Cheers,
Tobias