[squid-users] ntlm on distributed samba PDC system

From: Andreas Calvo Gómez <andreas.calvo_at_admi.esci.es>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 17:32:29 +0200

Hi,
I'm trying to set up squid with NTLM to do automated auth based on
windows credentials.
I'm running a samba/openldap PDC server, and squid is in a separate
computer.
Is it necessary to install another samba plus winbind in the machine
that has squid running?

If I run wbinfo -t in the squid computer it works, however runnig the
gpasswd -a proxy winbindd_priv does not work (obviously, it does not
have the winbind).
When I try to run the ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic it
reports an ERR message, but I don't know where to look for logs (nor
syslog nor squid logs have information about it).

So, what I think I'm missing is what should be done if I'm running squid
in a non samba machine.

Any hints?

Thanks
Andreas Calvo Gómez <andreas.calvo_at_admi.esci.es>
Dept. Informàtica ESCI
Pg. Pujades, 1 08003 Barcelona
tel. (34) 932954710 ext.233 fax. (34) 932954720
http://www.esci.es