Re: [squid-users] squid3 with dansguardian in non-transparent mode

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 02:06:06 +1200

sameer shinde wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm having squid 3.0 running on my Ubuntu 8.04 server in n NON-transperant mode.
> (I want it that way). I'm trying to configure the Dansguardian as a
> content filtering
> and restricting access to unwanted sites, for which I've installed
> Dansguardian 2.9.9.7
> The DansGuardian is also seem to be configured. But it is not doing
> the filtering.
> can someone tell me how to link it with squid3 in a non-transparent mode?

You keep emphasizing "non-transparent", Squid has _many_ modes most of
which are not transparent:

   forward proxy?
   reverse proxy?
   accelerator?
   interceptor?
   offline?
   aggressive caching?
   non-caching?
   anonymous proxy?
   load balancer?
   esi gateway?
   *cap content filter?

Mentioning the mode is only useful when indicating what mode Squid _is_
running under.

> I'm checking with google, but everyone is talking about the transparent proxy
> with iptables. I don't want to do all this things. I want to configure
> it in non-transparent mode
> itself. so just want to link it with squid3 so that it works.

DansGuardian plugs into Squid the same way whatever Squid is doing.
Using the cache_peer setting. DansGuardian is a specialized HTTP proxy
on it's own.

Amos

--
Please be using