[squid-users] Question related to cache headers

From: Claudio Redi <claudio_at_tipit.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:52:27 -0300

Hi guys!
This question is almost OFF TOPIC but I think that probably you can
help me sharing your experiences with me.

We have a news portal behind a squid server. We have spent a lot of
time setting cache headers on the application + configuring the squid
server.

Basically I'd like to know which headers would you set in order to
cache a (very) dynamic page for 10 minutes.

Seems that some cache servers won't store anything without the
last-modified header, but it's almost impossible for me to build an
accurate last-modified date.

Basically I have this headers for cache:

Cache-Control: public, max-age=300
Expires: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:49:19 GMT

Could you tell me how would you set squid + headers for storing 10
minutes the content pages on any cache (without revalidation end-to-end
if possible)?

thanks in advance!