[squid-users] Squid-2.7.Stable 7 & Sharepoint

From: Lee Bailey <L.Bailey_at_hull.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 09:02:07 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to access a sharepoint site
(http://portal.shu.ac.uk/sites/DandS/teachFirst) which I believe is
based at Sheffield Hallam University. We are using Squid 2.7 Stable 7 to
proxy our internet connections. If I directly connect to this site I get
challenged with a userid/password dialogue box. If I go through the
squid proxies I am not challenged and I get a blank page. From digging
around I gather this may be something to do with the sharepoint site
using NTLM authentication. I'd read that in earlier squid releases that
this was an issue but for Squid 2.7 this should work?

I'd be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction or at
least try the link above and let me know how they get on.

Many thanks, Lee.

Lee Bailey

The University of Hull.

To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to http://www.hull.ac.uk/legal/email_disclaimer.html