[squid-users] Squid and PDF

From: Randall Fidler <rfidler78_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 10:23:20 -0700

Hello,

    I have squid up and running and the one issue which is causing
headaches is the viewing of PDF files. From sites which are in my
'approved' list, if I click on a PDF link, my browser (Firefox) will
just hang and I eventually have to kill it. If I do the same action
without going through squid (same machine, same browser, same site,
etc.) then the Acrobat plugin fires up and I can view the pdf without
issue - so to me it's a squid related problem.

Is there some port which I need to allow? If so I would think that
Squid would give me a 'denied' error, not just cause the browser to
hang up.

Ideas?

Regards,

Randall