Re: [squid-users] allow adverts for allowed sites

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 13:27:19 -0800

mickeyp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have successfully configured my squid server using ntlm auth. my question
> is would it be possible to allow all the adverts that appear on a website
> that a group has access to or to block the adverts and not ask for
> authentication. my problem is i can access the sites i specify in my acl but
> i get logon requests for all the adverts that appear on the page.
>
> cheers

Any http_access rule that results in a deny based on an authentication
related ACL will prompt the requester to provide alternative
authentication credentials. In short given...

acl myAuth proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl bad_sites dstdomain .example.com

...the following...

http_access deny bad_sites myAuth

...will result in a second chance for authentication, but...

http_access deny myAuth bad_sites

...will not.

Chris