[squid-users] TCP_REFRESH_HIT

From: <bergenpeak_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 08:09:43 -0600

Is there a way to look at the object cache in squid and determine the
current "freshness" of the content?

I've got content in the squid cache where I would expect the content to
be a "TCP_HIT". Looking in the squid access.log, I see the access to
the object being reported as "TCP_REFRESH_HIT". I'm trying to
understand if it's something in the client request or something in how
the original object was served up by the origin server which is causing
squid to re-verify with the origin server that the object hasn't changed.

Thanks