Re: [squid-users] squid performance

From: Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <luis.daniel.lucio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 20:24:17 -0500

Le lundi 12 octobre 2009 10:11:03, Jason Martina a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Well im looking for a better solution than MS ISA proxy, we have 3000
> users that uses 4 ISA proxy servers, and its a managment nightmare so
> im going to attempt to use squid+dansguardian, on the squid side of
> things i cant find anything about using it in a large orginization and
> with the users we have about 1500-2000 hit the proxy's at a time,
> there heavily used for customer service agents and i would like to use
> ONE server to control all, so im looking for some help or a document
> dealing with Larger companys!!

Hi Jason

I've experience with squid. We've deployed it in an environment with about
5000 users. As you want in a 1 Master- N slaves configurations. If you
question is, is it possible with squid, yes it is. We have archive up-to 25%
of bandwidth save.

I'm also writting my tesis about real-time performance algorithm with squid to
let it save as much of possible without knowing internet surffering tendencies
changes.

LD