Re: [squid-users] WCCP

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:32:17 +1300

Ross Kovelman wrote:
> I am going to be using WCCP. I did another reconfigure with the --enable
> WCCP option. How can I check that it is on and running? The next step I
> need to do is upgrade to version 2 since the Cisco only communicates on
> version 2. I tried to do the patch < upgrade patch but then I get a
> response with path to upgrade and I am not sure where the file is I need
> patch.

There is zero need to patch for support WCCPv2. It's been built into
Squid for many years now.

Run "./configure --help".
  * If it lists "--disable-wccpv2" there is no need to do anything.
  * If it lists "--enable-wccpv2" , add that to your build options.
  * If it does not mention "wccpv2" at all upgrade your Squid version.

Then setup squid.conf with the relevant wccp2_* options.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/ or the wiki example configs have
details on those.

Amos

--