Re: [squid-users] ACL filter by domain AND url

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:21:54 +1300

Mlib wrote:
> Squid noob here.
>
> Setting up a language lab. I need to ALLOW only 6 web sites.
>
> 2 of the 6 are complete domains - that part I have working.
> 4 of the 6 are URLs (i.e. only part of a domain) - that part I need help
> with.
>
> Here's my squid.conf (once again - it's working for the full domains)
>
> visible_hostname mlibrary
> acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
> acl localnet src 192.168.100.0/24
> acl whitelist dstdomain "/etc/squid/whitelist"
> http_access allow localnet whitelist
> http_port 8080
>
> Here's the whitelist
>
> .elllo.org
> .montroselibrary.org
>
> I need to allow the following 4 urls (and just those pages, nothing more in
> those domains).
>
> http://rlnvault.com/rln09/shows/spanish/coffee-break-spanish/
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/
> http://www.eslpod.com/website/index_new.html
> http://www.mangolanguages.com/lesson
>
> Reading (*gasp*) the wiki at squid-cache.org, it looks like url_regex will
> work, I just don't understand how to add it to my squid.conf like I did with
> dstdomain.

acl something url_regex
^http://rlnvault\.com/rln09/shows/spanish/coffee-break-spanish/

Thats one line. Repeat as necessary for each URL.

Then its up to you how you structure the http_access lists to make it do
what you want. The wiki section SquidFaq/SquidAcls on common mistakes
covers how http_access works.

Some notes:

  * each dot '.' has been turned into '\.' for regex. And a '^' anchor
at the start of the http:// to prevent bypass hacks being used.

  * that URLs ending in '/' often do not retrieve the actual page but
only a redirection thing which will send to the browser to whatever
index/home page actually exists in that directory.

  * you may end the pattern with a '$' to prevent sub-objects inside
those directory '/' URLs being retrieved. But I think you want them to
display.

  * stuff like images and display CSS are often found at different URLs.
You may find that the above patterns show a strange layout of the page
text and nothing else.

Amos

--
Please be using