Re: [squid-users] WCCP

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 17:05:15 +1300

Ross Kovelman wrote:
>> From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
>> Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:32:17 +1300
>> Cc: "squid-users_at_squid-cache.org" <squid-users_at_squid-cache.org>
>> Subject: Re: [squid-users] WCCP
>>
>> Ross Kovelman wrote:
>>> I am going to be using WCCP. I did another reconfigure with the --enable
>>> WCCP option. How can I check that it is on and running? The next step I
>>> need to do is upgrade to version 2 since the Cisco only communicates on
>>> version 2. I tried to do the patch < upgrade patch but then I get a
>>> response with path to upgrade and I am not sure where the file is I need
>>> patch.
>> There is zero need to patch for support WCCPv2. It's been built into
>> Squid for many years now.
>>
>> Run "./configure --help".
>> * If it lists "--disable-wccpv2" there is no need to do anything.
>> * If it lists "--enable-wccpv2" , add that to your build options.
>> * If it does not mention "wccpv2" at all upgrade your Squid version.
>>
>> Then setup squid.conf with the relevant wccp2_* options.
>>
>> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/ or the wiki example configs have
>> details on those.
>>
>> Amos
>> --
>> Please be using
>> Current Stable Squid 2.7.STABLE7 or 3.0.STABLE19
>> Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.14
>

> Amos,
>
> Thanks again.
> Running the ./configure --help only says this:
> --disable-wccp Disable Web Cache Coordination V1 Protocol
> --disable-wccpv2 Disable Web Cache Coordination V2 Protocol
>
> When I did the install I ran the ./configure --enable wccp option. I didn't
> say --enable-wccpv2, does this matter? I also have this in the config:
> wccp2_router 192.168.16.1
> wccp2_forwarding_method 1
> wccp2_return_method 1
>
> I am running Squid Web Proxy 2.7.STABLE5.

Okay. Thats fine.

The ./configure results mean that both WCCP versions are built into
Squid by default unless you explicitly say --disable. Nothing extra
needed to build them.

The config options you have there are already WCCPv2-only options for
Cisco. Nothing new needed there either.

If thats not working its a config error somewhere.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.14