[squid-users] squid_ldap_auth \5c issue

From: Hendrik Suantio <t-hendrik_at_mentormediacorp.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 21:23:37 +0800

Hi,

I am using squid_ldap_auth. I am trying to integrate squid v2.6 stable21
with squid_ldap_auth for authentication with Microsoft AD.

Scenario :
Client username : jack
Microsoft AD Domain : foo

Basically internet explorer or other browser will automatically insert
username "foo\jack" and password the same as login password for the
authentication, but when I check with :

/usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -v 3 -R -d -b "dc=your,dc=domain" -D
"cn=Administrator,dc=your,dc=domain" -w "somepassword." -f sAMAccountName=%s
-h LDAPServer
(press enter)
foo\jack somepassword

Then, the debug will says that :
user filter 'sAMAccountName=foo\5cjack'

This is the issue (the convert from "\" to "\5c") that makes every user
must enter their username and password manually when ldap ask for
authentication, which the user will enter :
                Username : jack
                Password : somepassword

This method will works perfectly.

So, my question is :
. Is there any way to make squid_ldap_auth does not convert "\" to
"\5c" ?

I already googled everywhere and I found no solution except using NTLM as
other method, but I prefer squid_ldap_auth because of it's simplicity.

I am very glad for your reply. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Hendrik Suantio
Singapore