Re: [squid-users] squid_ldap_auth \5c issue

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 00:47:18 +0100

lör 2009-10-31 klockan 21:23 +0800 skrev Hendrik Suantio:

> Basically internet explorer or other browser will automatically insert
> username "foo\jack" and password the same as login password for the
> authentication, but when I check with :

No it won't.

MSIE can perform authmatic NTLM authentication which results in
usernames like that, but when using basic authentication the user has to
enter his login.

> foo\jack somepassword
>
> Then, the debug will says that :
> user filter 'sAMAccountName=foo\5cjack'

This is the same as foo\jack in LDAP syntax. \ is a reserved/special
character in LDAP and needs special treatment and is why it shows up as
\5c here. \5c in a search filter matches a literal \ in the LDAP field.