[squid-users] Compression in HTTPS traffic

From: squid squid <squidusr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 02:26:46 +0800

Hi,

Currently I am running Squid Version 2.7 Stable 4 on a Linux ES3 box with 2.5GB RAM.

Basically there is no caching configured on the squid apps and it is being used like a middle man between client and web/apps servers which has both http and https transaction.

Would like to know does squid support compression for https transaction (ie. CONNECT xxx.xxx.com:443")???

If it does, is thecompression by default or is there some settings or configuration needed???

I am asking cause httpwatch indicated no compression when I accessed https website through squid proxy. However if I accessed the https website directly, httpwatch does show that there are compression.

Regards.
Windows 7: Find the right PC for you. Learn more.
http://windows.microsoft.com/shop