Re: [squid-users] filtering based on google search

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 22:16:38 +1300

michael hiatt wrote:
> I would like to be shown how to block OR allow (I'm not fussed either way, I beleive I can transpose the answer to what I want to do) based upon a google search query (submitted by the user). The key here being the google search term i want to be able create an ACL for. Not just the google web-site.

So... you want a filter which people can either bypass it trivially by
browsing from google search results. Or if they do need to use google
will automatically block anything they do from then on?

Good luck.

> So going forth with the blacklist-whitelist example (the further complicated one), how would I achieve a pattern that matches and allows "pirates of penzance" but denies occurences of "pirate"?

whitelist:
   pirates.of.penzance

blacklist:
   pirates

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship

> Also to show I have tried, I have come up with a url_regex pattern in my file like so:
> q=pirates
>
> It would be much better though if I could make this a bit more semantic by including the google domain in there and being able to include spaces in the pattern.

Sounds like you are using regex patterns without understanding how they
work. Look it up. http://google.com/search?q=Perl+regular+expressions

Amos

--
Please be using