RE: [squid-users] filtering based on google search

From: michael hiatt <michael_hiatt_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 17:40:29 +1100

I would like to be shown how to block OR allow (I'm not fussed either way, I beleive I can transpose the answer to what I want to do) based upon a google search query (submitted by the user). The key here being the google search term i want to be able create an ACL for. Not just the google web-site.

So going forth with the blacklist-whitelist example (the further complicated one), how would I achieve a pattern that matches and allows "pirates of penzance" but denies occurences of "pirate"?

I have read through the FAQ but I don't believe this exact scenario is covered in depth.

Also to show I have tried, I have come up with a url_regex pattern in my file like so:
q=pirates

It would be much better though if I could make this a bit more semantic by including the google domain in there and being able to include spaces in the pattern.

Any further help would be great.

Regards,
Michael

> Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 19:18:48 +1300
> From: squid3_at_treenet.co.nz
> CC: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
> Subject: Re: [squid-users] filtering based on google search
>
> michael hiatt wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Just wondering if there is a way of getting squid to block or allow based on google search results.
>>

> That sentence makes no sense to me whatsoever. Can you explain it a bit?
> What are you intending to get out of it?
>

>> I have tried setting two
>> url_regex -i "file/path/goes/here"
>>
>> one for allowed and one for blocked.
>>
>> if
>> I set http://www.google.com to be allowed then unwanted words can be
>> searched and their results displayed. Clicking on said results displays
>> error/blocked page.
>>
>> If I remove http://www.google.com then I can't search on some words that I want.
>>
>> Example:
>> I would like to search on "pirates of penzance" but cannot because "pirate" is a keyword in my block list.
>>
>> Is
>> there a better way around this? I don't want to (and can't) install
>> other software like squid-guard and dans guardian. I'm hoping to do
>> this in squid alone.
>
> You describe a perfectly working URL keyword filter.
>
> - whitelisting "google.com" ... allows *ALL* of google.com.
> - blacklisting *pirate* ... blocks *ALL* mentions of "pirate" in URL
> (including google lookup URLs, result URLs, etc)
>

> Your choices are:
> * accept the price of keyword filtering URLs.
> * stop using the filter.
> * complicate your config further with a set of
> whitelisted-blacklisted keywords based on other things (like your
> google.com example).
>
> see FAQ on managing ACLs...
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl
>

> Amos
> --
> Please be using
> Current Stable Squid 2.7.STABLE7 or 3.0.STABLE20
> Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.14

View photos of singles in your area! Looking for a date?
Looking for a date? View photos of singles in your area!
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/150855801/direct/01/