[squid-users] FW: Can not force IE 7 to use HTTP 1.1 through Squid

From: Sheahan, John <John.Sheahan_at_priceline.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 07:03:34 -0500

While troubleshooting an internet problem using a sniffer, I noticed that when end users use our Squid proxy server, the client always uses HTTP 1.0 only and never HTTP 1.1.
I double checked and the advanced settings in my browser (IE 7) are set to force HTTP 1.1 whenever possible and when using a proxy but this isn't happening.

When I remove the proxy from the equation and go straight out to the internet, the clients always use HTTP 1.1.

Is this a limitation with Squid?

Thanks