Re: [squid-users] Time-based oddity that I can't quite nail down...

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 13:49:18 +1300

Kurt Buff wrote:
<snip>

>> By testing by running a browser on the proxy server itself you can
>> identify if the problem is Squid or something outside Squid.
>
> Unless you think lynx (or some other text-based browser, or using
> wget/curl/other) is sufficient, I am leery of doing this. I'd have to
> install all the bits to do this, including X and a browser, and all
> that. I'm all up for learning, though, so your suggestion on how to do
> this is very warmly welcomed.

The squidclient tool fits into the niche gap between telnet and lynx.
Allowing a simple input of the request URL and optional other details
and producing a dump of the results. It has no large dependencies.

To test through the proxy:
   squidclient http://example.com/

To test without proxy:
   squidclient -h example.com -p 80 /

> I was unable to do any testing in the past few days - a new child is
> taking me away from working longer hours...
>
> I hope to do some work on it this weekend.
>
> Kurt

Congratulations!

Amos

--