[squid-users] Squid swap.state management

From: Seann Clark <nombrandue_at_tsukinokage.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 22:36:32 -0600

All,

    I have been working over the past few days to manage a rather large
swap file, that isn't reducing when I attempt to rotate the file. I am
sure that I can prune this file's total size down but I am not sure the
best way to tackle this. It doesn't help that usually the store.log file
grows the same way, the swap.state file is at 31G, and the store log
until I removed it, was at 30G's, and killed the disk space on my
system. This has been a problem I am searched on google for and haven't
found anything that matches what I am looking for, most of the resource
either deal with expanding the system drives out, or making the disks
faster which doesn't help my situation. I am not sure what to provide in
terms of information from my configurations that would help but will
provide what is required.

As a side note, the process is occasionally coring as well.

Thanks in advance,
Seann