Re: [squid-users] help on LB config

From: andre wang <andre.ease_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 20:28:56 +0800

hi sqlcamel:

In my Debian Squid2.7STABLE7's default config file, the
'nonhierarchical_direct' and 'prefer_direct' config options: By
combining nonhierarchical_direct off and prefer_direct on you can set
up Squid to use a parent as a backup path if going direct fails.

But i could not get that work in my testing, the config is:
cache_peer x.x.x.x parent 80 0 no-digest no-netdb-exchange no-query
prefer_direct on
nonhierarchical_direct off
With no 'always_direct' or 'never_direct' Squid first use the parent
not go directly.

Anyone help?
Thanks