[squid-users] squid_session

From: Jan Ove Rogne Longvastøl <janove_at_longvastol.no>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:18:43 +0100

Hi,

I'm running squid with authentication in LDAP. Everytime the users open
the browser a login window is opening. Works good! But i'd also want the
users to see a start page everytime they log in. I have set up
squid_session ( located in /usr/lib/squid using Debian Lenny). This happens:

The user logs in and starts surfing. After 15 minutes (900 seconds in
squid.conf) they are being redirected to the start page. And then they
have to manually write in the URL to continue surfing.
I understand that the ttl=900 is the "countdown" for the session.

The question is:

I understand that the ttl=900 is the "countdown" for the session, but
shouldn't the start page show up everytime the browser starts? The login
window displays everytime the browser opens, why not the start page?

This is my lines in squid.conf:

external_acl_type session ttl=900 negative_ttl=0 children=1
concurrency=200 %LOGIN /usr/lib/squid/squid_session
acl session external session
http_access deny !session
deny_info http://www/index.php
<http://anotherhost/rules/?obs=001&url=%s>session