Re: [squid-users] squid_session

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:02:48 +1300

Jan Ove Rogne Longvastøl wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm running squid with authentication in LDAP. Everytime the users open
> the browser a login window is opening. Works good! But i'd also want the
> users to see a start page everytime they log in. I have set up
> squid_session ( located in /usr/lib/squid using Debian Lenny). This
> happens:
>
> The user logs in and starts surfing. After 15 minutes (900 seconds in
> squid.conf) they are being redirected to the start page. And then they
> have to manually write in the URL to continue surfing.
> I understand that the ttl=900 is the "countdown" for the session.
>
> The question is:
>
> I understand that the ttl=900 is the "countdown" for the session, but
> shouldn't the start page show up everytime the browser starts? The login
> window displays everytime the browser opens, why not the start page?

You seem to isunderstand eth causes of those two events.

Login credentials are requested every time the browser fails to send
them. Login window appears every time the browser does not have a valid
set authorized by the user to pass on.

Session page appears every timeout, OR when the client data changes. In
your case data being the login data.

Neither is linked to the browser state. Though the browser usually will
erase its login state during a close and cause the login box to appear
at startup.
   Even this first-visit login is removed when the user has some form of
advanced password management tool in the browser (one startup password
to open the manager and it sends logins automatically to sites
previously logged in).

> This is my lines in squid.conf:
>
> external_acl_type session ttl=900 negative_ttl=0 children=1
> concurrency=200 %LOGIN /usr/lib/squid/squid_session
> acl session external session
> http_access deny !session
> deny_info http://www/index.php
> <http://anotherhost/rules/?obs=001&url=%s>session