Re: [squid-users] Using Squid in a WiFi hotspot environment

From: Kaya Saman <SamanKaya_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 23:54:17 +0200

Fahd Kasri wrote:
> Hi Kaya,
>
> Take a look at CoovaChilli. It's software that runs on OpenWRT
> routers. It uses a Radius (freeradius for example) server for
> authentication.

Many thanks Fahd for the response :-)

Am just on the page now but I don't understand what OpenWRT is.....

I know that there are consumer grade routers from Linksys called WRT; is
that what this is implying?

Really this research of mine is for enterprise grade WiFi hotspots, for
places like coffee shops or campus LANs which obviously will need to be
scaled in terms of infrastructure and applications.

That's why I thought of Squid initially as I could have a complete
server infrastructure surround while not compromising performance at all.

--Kaya