Re: [squid-users] Using Squid in a WiFi hotspot environment

From: Kaya Saman <SamanKaya_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 02:56:38 +0200

> Squid can be made to work (with the session helper), but something
> specifically designed as a captive portal (like wifidog) might be a
> better choice.

Aaaah thuoght I was barking up the wrong tree (no pun intended!) :-)

Yeah, just checked it out - looks cool and don't need to use crummy
consumer WAP's with it. I guess I could just use DHCP option codes to
point each client to the wifidog server/gateway or alternatively just
put in the IP of wifidog for the gateway config in the DHCP pool.

Ok am officially happy now :-D

Many thanks Chris!

Best regards to all.....

--Kaya