Re: [squid-users] Mailing-list admins: can we set up reply-to?

From: Eray Aslan <eray.aslan_at_caf.com.tr>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 08:46:57 +0200

On 20.11.2009 04:23, Brian Mearns wrote:
[...]
> It would be N-4, actually, but I get your point. My point was that
> there are 4 people (including myself) who have voiced their opinion in
> support of my suggestion, 2 who have opposed it, and 2 who have joined
> the conversation without expressing support or opposition (please
> confirm that, I think I counted correctly). No, this doesn't offer
> much of a cross section of the group, but without polling the list,
> there's not much of hope of getting one.

Ack. Just because I did not voice an opinion does not mean that I agree
with the current practice. It is more of not wanting to send "me too"
emails to the list.

I believe sending replies to the list is the norm and personal replies
is the exception. And email headers should reflect that, i.e. Reply-To:
squid-users_at_squid-cache.org should be in the list email headers.

--
Eray