Re: [squid-users] Mailing-list admins: can we set up reply-to?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 03:50:27 +0100

fre 2009-11-20 klockan 18:26 +1100 skrev Tim Bates:
> Here's a question: Would Reply-To being set prevent people who post
> getting a flood of "user not found" bounces back?

No.

If anything it may cause those bounces to hit the list instead.

> When I posted my thoughts earlier, I got about 6 messages telling me
> users were not found or user rejected the message. Why should I care if
> someone is still subscribed to the list when they've moved email address?

When you do, bounce those errors to squid-users-owner_at_squid-cache.org so
we can try to deal with theim. Make sure to include message headers.

All these users are running non-conforming mail servers who respond with
errors to the From address in the mail header instead of the envelope
sender address (equivalent to a post office discarding the envelope with
return if undeliverable address on the back and instead looking at the
inside letter to figure out who to return the letter to)