[squid-users] peerap like

From: Rakotomandimby Mihamina <mihamina_at_gulfsat.mg>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 21:11:41 +0300

Hello,
I work in an ISP and we use PeerAp for caching some repetitive contents:
- videos (via HTTP or p2p)
- windows and antivirus updates

It works quite right... but it's not fully open source.
It's Linux based (SSH, BASH, iptables,...) but the interesting part
is closed :-)

Globallly, its based on the hash of the N-th firt bytes of a ressource.

If you have an idea of what it is, would you know an equivalent, but open source?

This is their website:
http://www.peerapp.com
some blog talking about it
http://www.israel-on-blog.com/peerapp-unclogging-the-video-internet-traffic/