[squid-users] Your opinion: Squid and MySQL interaction, for redirecting users? Is it possible?

From: Jonas Brunsgaard <jonas.brunsgaard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 19:15:59 +0100

Hallo World

We are 156 users on separated VLANs sharing the same internet
connection, and we have established a transparent squid server on the
network.
We have a MySQL server (in the house) which know if people are
unblocked(value=0) or blocked(value=1)

We know witch ip-address people are coming from and what we want to do is this:

When an apartment are asking the squid-server for an address, the
squid server checks in some strange way wether or not the apartment is
block. If unblocked then the squidserver shall serve the request. But
is the user is blocked the squid-server shall send the user til an
internal pageĀ  on the network.

I have the squid, i have the MySQL data. But how do I make the Squid
distinguish between blocked and not blocked. And further how do I
redirect blocked users to the internal "you are a bad boy" page.

What software do i need, is the idea crazy, what about configuration
files? All inputs are welcome

/Jonas