re: [squid-users] parent cache configuration

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:58:48 +1300

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 19:57:23 +0100, Ulisse Informatica <info_at_ulissesrl.it>
wrote:
> Nobody can help me? :-((

Not unless you say what the problem is.
So far you only stated the abstract topology and a few config lines that
you tried entering into squid.conf.

The last two attempts were obviously wrong syntax, squid will barf at you
about a bungled config so we should not really have to point that out.
The other five are correct syntax for several different parent-child
network topologies and relationships.

missing direct information of what the parent proxy IP and port are
(though we can assume from the attempts it's 172.20.127.20 port 801)

Missing information about whether you even restarted squid to make it take
effect.

Missing information about what version of squid this relates to (we have
somewhere between a few dozen and 100 releases still in active use, across
four quite different versions).

Missing information about how you identify the problem (what the visible
symptoms are).

Missing information about the rest of the config file. It's mostly related
in one way or another, and order-specific to varying degrees. What needs to
be seen depends on the problem symptoms and may differ from what you think
needs changing.

Amos