[squid-users] Causes for RELEASE Action in store.log

From: Norbert Hoeller <nhoeller_at_sinet.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:28:45 -0500

In digging through my squid 3.0 access.log, I noticed a TCP_MISS for the same file fetched twice in a relatively short period of time. The store.log shows that the file was RELEASEd.

1259160356.949 RELEASE -1 FFFFFFFF 176C2C1221D157A9EC778A2D08E70AFF 200 1259160364 -1 -1 text/html 2459/2459 GET http://www.christmasbylamplight.ca/dinner.shtml
1259187048.580 RELEASE -1 FFFFFFFF 3AC3E411E709766544F6C09F581C827C 200 1259187052 -1 -1 text/html 2459/2459 GET http://www.christmasbylamplight.ca/dinner.shtml

Is it because the file has an '.shtml' extension and squid assumes it was a dynamic file? I did not see any unusual meta tags on the page that should influence squid caching.
      Thanks, Norbert