Re: [squid-users] coredumps on 2.7

From: John Doe <jdmls_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 02:03:06 -0800 (PST)

From: Quin Guin <quinguin_at_yahoo.com>
> I am running 2.7-STABALE6 on many squid servers and just recently in the last
> few days I am seeing a lot of coredumps. I have most of the coredumps still and
> I would like to understand what happened?
> I did search the mailing list and I used gdb to generate a stack trace but it
> didn't give ME a lot of useful information.
> [XXXXXX_at_cach2 cache]# gdb squid core.31033
> GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.3.0.0-1.132.EL4rh)
> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
> There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
> This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"...squid: No such file or
> directory.
> Core was generated by `(squid)'.
> Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
> #0 0x0054a7a2 in ?? ()
> (gdb) where
> #0 0x0054a7a2 in ?? ()
> #1 0x0058f7a5 in ?? ()
> #2 0x00000000 in ?? ()
> (gdb)
> So I was wondering if someone could point me to where I can find more
> information on interpreting the coredumps.

I think you would have to compile squid with debuging to see something usefull... no?
"squid: No such file or directory."
If it is squid that says this, do you see anything in the logs about a missing file or directory?
Maybe try an strace and check what is the last access attempt before it coredumps.

JD