[squid-users] Squid WebDAV 401 error

From: Ron Wheeler <rwheeler_at_artifact-software.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 14:06:53 -0500

We had a file upload program working that allows users to upload files
to a WebDav area in an Apache 2.2 server.

For performance reasons on other transactions, we added a caching Squid
proxy.
This was a big help.

However, now we are getting 401 errors on our uploads.
If we bypass the proxy it works fine so I am led to believe that I left
something out of the squid.conf.

Squid is 2.6.stable21 running on CentOS 5.2.
I did add
extension_methods SEARCH PROPFIND PROPPATCH MKCOL MOVE BMOVE DELETE BDELETE REPORT

I did not add PUT since the documentation says that it is included by default.

We are uploading big files (100s of MB). These are SCORM eLearning courses with audio and images all zipped into a zip file.

Any thoughts?

Ron