Re: [squid-users] Squid delay pool question

From: mikewest09 <if0xy0_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 06:09:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

Thanks Amos and Chris for your time and help, I have few more questions so I
will appreciate it so much if you can please take a look at them

A. As a start to avoid confusion here are some facts regarding our server
and users
- All of our users connect to our proxy (SQUID) through an application. This
desktop application contains built-in (User name / password) for
authenticating each of our users to use our SQUID proxy (installed on our
server) AND also contains the IP of our server (which have SQUId installed
on it)

- Our users come from many different locations around the world and many of
them (most of them actually) don't have 'static Ip's so I can't setup
specific range of IP's

- We have more than 100,000 registered users (beside those whom will
register in the future) from different locations around the world. Of course
not all of them will login together at a specific moment, but many of them
can be on the server at the same moment and this was one of the major
reasons why we need to regulate SQUID traffic usage

B. Even though I have read info about classes 1,2,3,4 I can't understand up
to this moment which will be better for us? So based on the info I just
provided in A, do you have any recommendations especially when taking in
consideration the amount of users we have

C. delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 1310720/15728640
>>> isn't -1/-1 is for unlimited access? i mean can you please explain this
>>> rule so I can understand its limitations?

Thanks in advance for your time and help

Regards