Re: [squid-users] Squid at 100% CPU with 10 minutes period

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 00:33:04 +1300

Guy Bashkansky wrote:
> Amos,
>
> Where can I find a list of the solved "Squid uses 100% CPU" bugs? It
> would help me figure out which one I may be experiencing.

Sorry for being gruff.

The mailing list queries:
  http://squid.markmail.org/search/?q=squid+uses+100%25+cpu

The remaining open bugs mentioning
http://bugs.squid-cache.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=100%25+CPU

The closed ones are hard to find as they have been re-named to say what
the actual problems was.

Which release and version of squid is this?

> When I attach gdb to the running squid process, it does not find
> debugging info, despite compiling with -g flag (maybe a gdb setup
> problem, nm does show symbols).
>
> When I try to use gprof for profiling (squid compiled with -pg),
> squid.gmon contains only the initial configuration functions
> profiling. I stop squid with -k shutdown signal so it exits normally
> (which is necessary to produce squid.gmon).

Squid needs to be started with -N to prevent forking a child daemon that
does all the actual work. The main process can then be traced.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.15