Re: [squid-users] Squid does not work after origin's server DirectoryIndex change

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 14:29:13 -0900

Adam Squids wrote:
> I had index.html redirecting to http://www.domain.com/online/1.html in
> my origin server. Now I changed Apache configs and set DirectoryIndex
> to be /online/1.html.

Did you PURGE "http://www.domain.com/index.html"? Is it, perhaps, still
cached in Squid, redirecting to "http://www.domain.com/online/1.html"
(which of course Apache, with the new DirectoryIndex, would take as a
request for "http://www.domain.com/online/1.html/online/1.html")?

On an aside, I have never heard of using a subdirectory in a
DirectoryIndex definition.

> When I browse straight to my origin, it works
> fine. When I browse via my squid server I get ERR_READ_ERROR 104
>
> I assume that in this case, 'connection reset by peer', peer==Apache
> origin. How come I can access it when I browse straight to it ? and it
> even works perfectly?
> What should I look for in cache.log ? I did not find anything aspecially odd :)

I'd be more likely to check your Apache logs. It's rejecting the
connection, after all.

> Many thanks,
>
> Adam

Chris