Re: [squid-users] COSS cache_dir size exceeds largest offset at maximum file size

From: Jason Healy <jhealy_at_logn.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 21:34:43 -0500

On Dec 7, 2009, at 5:05 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> Yes, not sure what I was thinking yesterday. (multiplying by block size
> twice, sheesh) The constant is inside Squid. Maximum of 2^25-1 files per
> cache == "largest file offset".
> cache size < largest file offset * block size.
>
> Plus the default 10 COSS in-memory stripes (10MB in your case AFAICT) are
> counted as part of the total cache file space, but not mentioned in that
> mini report.

Ah, thank you. I would have been tearing my hair out wondering why those last 10 megs didn't work...

I rebuilt using ' --with-build-environment=POSIX_V6_ILP32_OFFBIG' explicitly in the debian rules, and that seems to have brought me back up to the full 128 gigs (I'll find out for sure once dd finishes paving out the COSS store, but for now `squid -k check` seems OK with it).

The working line is:

  cache_dir coss /mumble/cosstest 131061 block-size=8192

Thanks,

Jason

--
Jason Healy    |    jhealy@logn.net    |   http://www.logn.net/