[squid-users] Squid reverse proxy on DMZ

From: Cactus Co <cactusandco_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:09:07 -0300

I have read in the wiki example of reverse proxy vhost and I have questions.

Please, I am inexperienced in Squid and I'm trying to install it on my
webserver in a DMZ running a reverse proxy, but does not work.

In the outgoing Internet server and in DMZ webserver (apache2) there
is a Debian Lenny with forwading enabled.
My doubts are if the line "cache_peer ip.of.webserver parent 80 0
no-query originserver name = myAccel" where says "name = myAccel" I
should put the server name that outgoing to Internet or name of the
webserver in DMZ.
Another question is if it's work:  I have not installed and running a
DNS server (bind9). Then, with only setting my ISP's nameservers in
resolve.conf it work???

Another doubt is that the firewall (iptables) running on the Internet
outgoing server I have forwarded (DNAT) requests to port 80 of the
outgoing server to port 80 on the webserver in the DMZ.... This is
okay????

 Now I can not see the pages or from the LAN or from outside
(internet) and I get a message:
"Unable to forward this request at this time. This request could not
be forwarded to the origin server or to any parent caches. The most
likely cause for this error is that: The cache administrator does not
allow this cache to make direct connections to origin servers, and All
configured parent caches are currently unreachable".

Thanks in advance
Cactus