Re: [squid-users] Custom rules to analyze HTTP headers

From: Dererk <dererk_at_buenosaireslibre.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 23:22:16 -0300

Amos Jeffries escribió:
> On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 19:20:22 -0300, Dererk <dererk_at_buenosaireslibre.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi there!
>>
>> I'm requiring to create custom access rules for Squid so that I can
>> analyze the HTTP headers looking for a internal forward flag in which
>> the original IP of the request rests. This is because I'm using a CDN,
>> and they bring it in a custom-defined HTTP header.
>>

> You mean X-Forwarded-For: or that they have created some custom
> alternative that re-writes all that functionality?
>
> If they have then acl type req_header is what you are looking for.
> Otherwise the basic forwarded-for handling functionality is built into
> Squid.

Helo Amos!
Thanks for answering that soon!

I'm afraid it's not the beloved X-Forwarded-For header. This CDN sets a
few headers by their own, and their are completely custom.

What I was looking for was a way to analyze the HTTP Headers coming from
them and perform certain types of operations, like comparing them
against a blacklist, add them into buckets, or stuff like that.

Unfortunately I was not able to find the way to do it using
url_rewrite_program, in case it does support it.

Greetings,

Dererk

--
BOFH excuse #183:
filesystem not big enough for Jumbo Kernel Patch