Re: [squid-users] Custom rules to analyze HTTP headers

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 11:52:14 +1300

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 19:20:22 -0300, Dererk <dererk_at_buenosaireslibre.org>
wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I'm requiring to create custom access rules for Squid so that I can
> analyze the HTTP headers looking for a internal forward flag in which
> the original IP of the request rests. This is because I'm using a CDN,
> and they bring it in a custom-defined HTTP header.

You mean X-Forwarded-For: or that they have created some custom
alternative that re-writes all that functionality?

If they have then acl type req_header is what you are looking for.
Otherwise the basic forwarded-for handling functionality is built into
Squid.

Amos