Re: [squid-users] How much disk space is reclaimed by the cache replacement algorithms?

From: Manjusha Maddala <mmaddala25_at_nextag.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:38:04 -0800

Thanks for the reply, Matus.

Few more questions inline:

On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 08:58 -0800, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 22.12.09 17:45, Manjusha Maddala wrote:
> > Using LRU replacement policy,
>
> I hope you use at least "heap LRU" which is more effective.
>
> > I see many of the cached webpages for my
> > site getting evicted. Could someone here tell me:
> >
> > 1. How often is the replacement done?
>
> when the percentage of configured cache_dir size crosses the cache_swap_high
> value.

So if my cache_swap_high is set to 96 and cache_dir is set to 100GB,
only when the cache_dir size grows beypnd 96GB will the replacement task
begin - is that right? Lets say I have 8 cache_dir directives in my
squid.conf each pointing to a different directory. Now, if one of those
directories is over the cache_swap_high value while all others are below
cache_swap_low, will cache replacement work on just the first directory
or on all others as well?