[squid-users] Re: Re: Check your disk space?!

From: Heinz Diehl <htd_at_fancy-poultry.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 17:46:15 +0100

On 29.12.2009, Jorge Armando Medina wrote:

> I got a similar error about "no space left" and at that moment disc
> usage was 13GB from 30GB cache disk. The problem was the OS mounted
> read only the partition because bad filesystem, I repaired the
> filesystem re create the cache and everything it is ok.

I think I finally found the cause: the filesystem is out of blocks. Unfortunately,
the btrfs formatter doesn't obey the --sectorsize option and always defaults to
4096. That's f*cking annoying, btrfs has worked really more than great for
me the last months and is fingerlickin' fast on my SSD. So far, I have now
changed to XFS with 512 blocksize, did restore the cache_dir and squid is
running up and running again.

If this will be showing up not being the solution, I'll report back here.

Thanks to all who did care,
Heinz.