Re: [squid-users] uninteruptable proxy

From: Alex Braunegg <alex.braunegg_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 15:56:01 +1100

Hi,

Consider using VMware ESX/ESXi 4.0 and FT.

I have successfully used, tested and demonstrated VMware ESX/ESXi 4.0
and VMware FT services performing web scanning and proxy services. In
the demonstration simply pull the power plug or "reboot" one of the
ESX/ESXi servers. The time to switch to the secondary system was in
the ms range - many times simply pinging the devices the switch was
not detectable.

In each test - all sessions remained active - including download of
data / files such as ISO images, or streaming video.

Each server running Squid was CentOS based, running latest kernel,
including VMware tools. At the time I was using Squid 3.0 (exact
version I cant recall, but it should not matter).

Let me know if you need any further information.

Best Regards,

Alex