Re: [squid-users] uninteruptable proxy

From: Genaro Flores <genaro.flores_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 03:57:48 +0000

> peoples in my organization do online bidding, and if browsing
> interrupt/disconnect for any reason(e.g hardware failure) and restore
> within a 50 or 60 seconds.. their session terminate/disconnect, and they
> lost.

I think with any normal proxy server if the client terminates a session or
times out the proxy, too, will terminate the session.

I suspect you are using the wrong terminology: what you need is not a
highly available proxy service, i.e. a proxy suited to heavy load and with
a very low downtime, rather a _persistent_ proxy. I'm not sure whether
that's the exact industry term but I'm pretty convinced "highly available
proxy" is not what you need.

If anyone here can tell you about a persistent proxy--that is, a proxy that
keeps track of sessions and keeps them alive even if clients time out--then
you'll be golden. I for one don't have knowledge of such software.

--On Saturday, January 02, 2010 11:22 +0500 Muhammad Sharfuddin