Re: [squid-users] acl rep_header SomeRule X-HEADER-ADDED-BY-ICAP

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 11:01:07 -0900

Trever L. Adams wrote:
> On 01/-10/-28163 12:59 PM, Chris Robertson wrote:
>
>> Considering the fact that icap_access relies on ACLs, my guess would
>> be ICAP is adding the headers after the rep_header ACL is evaluated.
>>

>>> Is this possible with ICAP + Squid, or is it a bug, or just not
>>> possible?
>>>

>> Run two Squid instances. One using ICAP to add the headers, the other
>> blocking based on headers present.
>>
>> Chris
>>

> I am guessing then that there is no clean way of adding such
> functionality.

I'm (at best) a scripter, not a coder, so I can't answer that. I know
in the 2.7 branch of Squid there is http_access2
(http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/http_access2/) which acts on the
post url_rewrite_program, so perhaps it would be possible to have a acl2
which would work after ICAP. To the best of my knowledge, nothing like
this exists right now.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/cache_peer/
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/CacheHierarchy

> Thank you,