Re: [squid-users] RE: Squid Question?

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 11:46:23 +0100

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Johann Terblanche
<jterblanche_at_ebisafrica.co.za> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have setup squid successfully in my production environment with
> Ubuntu, ADS Authentication, Dansguardian, SARG, ClamAV and webmin.
>
> My questions are
>
> 1.) I don't notice a signification difference in network performance
> expect for the content filtering part that frees up bandwidth. How do I
> monitor if squid does indeed cache the websites successfully to disk and
> what the response time is on that website after the cache has been
> enabled?

Check the squid access.log . Look for _HIT and _MISS status codes.

> 2.) I also have some minor errors with https websites that says access
> denied and if you refresh if works again or some https sites does not
> work until you disable the proxy. Could you point me in the right
> direction to resolve this.

A good starting point is the logfile. Regarding inaccessible sites, a
good starting point is
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/TroubleShooting and the wiki in
general. It contains lots of informations related to troubleshooting.

--
    /kinkie